The purpose of this policy is to set forth conditions for using the facilities of Good Hope Baptist Church (GHBC). God has provided the facilities of GHBC through people’s tithes and offerings. The church desires that the GHBC facilities be used for bringing glory to God and connecting people to Jesus Christ through worship, discipleship, and service. The church desires to make the facilities available to approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our community. Refer to the Good Hope Baptist Facilities Use Form for rental fees.
- The facilities of GHBC exist to sustain and grow the ministries of the church. The ministries of the church have priority in reserving space and time in the facility. If a request for facilities use is made for the same date, the order of priority is as follows:
- Church activities, events and ministries always have first priority.
- Church member requests, including weddings or funerals, have second priority.
- Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws and the Baptist Faith and Message.
- GHBC reserves the right to refuse renting the church’s facilities for events that conflict with the church’s statement of faith, beliefs, and practices.
- Weddings performed on the GHBC premises will be Christian worship services.
- There will be no tobacco use in the GHBC facilities and no alcohol on the premises.
- Guests are restricted to the areas reserved as indicated in the rental agreement form.
- The renter must provide all needed supplies, except for church tables and chairs.
- Furnishings and cleanliness of the facilities must be left as found when guests entered the facility. If a problem is observed when guests enter the facility, it is the renter’s responsibility to immediately notify the church contact to remedy the issue. If the facilities are not left by guests as they are found, the security deposit will be used to repair and/or clean the facilities.
- Guests shall not use the church sound equipment without prior approval. It is the renter’s responsibility to arrange for a GHBC member to work the church sound equipment for the event.
- The renter is responsible for the safety of his or her guests.
- Non-members of GHBC are required to provide their own event insurance and provide a certificate that provides coverage of $1 million dollars.
Good Hope Baptist Facilities Use Form (Word Document)